Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Spinach Lasagne









Cheese is another thing I can’t keep my hands off, I guess it’s in my DNA. My parents, sister and me love cheese in all forms. For X’Mas I thought of making Spinach Lasagne, mainly keeping mom in mind. Mom doesn’t eat beef and she was fasting so thought of Spinach. You can even add Zucchini ,broccoli or egg plant.


Ingredients


Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne- 1 box
Barilla Italian Baking Sauce – 2 jars
Frozen Chopped Spinach - 2 boxes
Garlic Chopped- 4-5 cloves
Ricotta Cheese – 1 cup
Cream Cheese - 4 oz
Salt – to taste
Parmesan Cheese- ½ cup
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese- 2 cups

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Thaw Spinach, heat the oil and saute chopped garlic. To this add the Spinach and cook till the water dries out.Mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. To this added cooled spinach mixture.


To assemble Lasagne:


Spread 1 cup sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 4 lasagne sheets. Spread ricotta cheese mixture completely over lasagne.Top with 1 cup sauce .Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and half of mozzarella cheese.Repeat layering with 4 lasagne sheets, remaining ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 cup Sauce and remaining lasagne sheets.Spread remaining sauce over lasagne and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; let stand 10 minutes before serving.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm looks really yammy. I will try that, might have to leave the spinach out thou... My husband would think what is the green stuff here. But the recipe looks quite easy too. Thanks! Have a great new year!

All recipes are on Petitchef

Search This Blog