Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Marbled Chocolate Treat



“Chocolates” I have been an ardent chocolate lover since the time I came into this world. I am constantly in search for chocolate recipes. The basic idea of this came from a food network recipe for “chocolate bark”. I wanted to add a base to this, something which will hold the chocolate from melting off and something that will give a crunch. I wanted to make this for my hubby’s office and I want them to melt in their mouth and not on everyone’s hand. I came across a recipe for a peanut and chocolate bark in a food magazine. I just altered it and “wallah “, lucky me it came out just as I thought.



If you are planning to make bark you need not break the grahams in half, but if you are looking for a bar break it in half


Ingredients:


Graham crackers - 8
Semi-Sweet Chocolate - 6 squares
White Chocolate -3 squares



Line pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Arrange grahams on bottom of pan, completely covering bottom of pan.


Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted when stirred, stirring every 30 sec. Stir until well blended. Pour over grahams; spread with spatula to cover completely.


Repeat microwave melting steps with the white chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of the white chocolate over chocolate-covered grahams. Immediately cut through the chocolate mixtures with knife several times for tiger-stripe effect.


Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Peel off foil. Cut dessert into bars or barks. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Perspectivemedley said...

wow, that looks wonderful!!

All recipes are on Petitchef

Search This Blog